DePaul Athletic Director Search Process Launched
Jun 25, 2020 | DePaul Newsline
After 45 years of service at DePaul University, Director of Athletics Jean Lenti Ponsetto announced on June 5 her plans to retire in the coming months.
A search committee has been carefully selected to represent the campus community in the national search for our next Director of Athletics. The members of the committee include:
- Dan Allen, vice president for Advancement
- Ron Caltabiano, dean of the School of Music
- Avarie Evans-Allen, student-athlete
- Ani Frank, associate professor in the College of Education and chair of the University Athletic Board
- Kate O'Brien, associate athletics director for Academic Advising
- Liz Ortiz, vice president for the Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity
- Steve Stoute, chief of staff and committee chair
The ultimate goal of the committee is to provide DePaul President A. Gabriel Esteban with recommendations of finalist candidates for the role. The university expects to appoint our new director of athletics by Sept. 1, 2020. Ponsetto has agreed to stay on in her role until a new director of athletics is appointed.
Given the importance of this search process, the university has engaged DHR International—Glenn Sugiyama, managing partner and global sports practice leader—to provide executive search consulting services. DHR International is a global executive search firm with comprehensive expertise, including in their sports practice.
All members of the university community are encouraged to communicate with members of the search committee what they hope to see in DePaul's next director of athletics, either individually or by email to: email@example.com.
Read the original article here.